Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Orange is the New Red

Whenever I wear something navy blue and white my first instinct is to add on red accessories. Perhaps I'm just super patriotic, but there's something so easy about red, white, and blue.

It's a little nautical, a little retro, a little bit country (and I'm a little bit rock n' roll...sorry, I had to).

But this time I decided to think outside the box and push the boundaries of accessorizing.

I paired navy blue and white with orange.

Whoa! I know! I'm a visionary!

Orange isn't too far of a stretch from red and I think it's a nice twist on the classic. Plus, a lovely shade of pumpkin orange can take a typically summer outfit into autumn very easily!









Details
Dress - 1940s Vintage (deadstock! woo!) via The Shop Lady
Bakelite Bracelets - Vintage via garage sales
Bakelite Rings and Pink Ring - Vintage via garage/estate sales
White Ring - Forever 21
Brooches and Earrings - Vintage via garage sales
Shoes - So old I can't remember
Tights - Ditto
Sunglasses - Vintage Ray-Bans via garage sale

I kind of also look like I'm about to go plow the fields or something, but hey, it's almost fall-ish so maybe I am!

I probably need some better shoes first, though.

-Melissa

P.S. I'm pretty sure my grandma loved this outfit because the second she saw me she said "I don't like that on you". So...it's a win for me.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean - red, white and navy just make sense when accessorising (my latest post demonstrates this!) But I love how you have chosen to do something a bit different and opt for orange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might seem pretty obvious, but I probably would never have thought to match up blue, white and orange. It's a great color combination! I can see this as being a very patriotic or nautical outfit with red, but I like it better with orange. It totally reminds me of autumn, especially October. The broaches are just adorable, too!

    ReplyDelete