Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Luck Be a Lady

There's been a lot happening around here lately! 
I've got some interesting things to share, but first, an outfit.

I've gawked at Modcloth for a long time. I still have pictures of their items saved from 2010! I just never took the plunge and actually ordered anything from them.

But when they recently had their big 70% sale, I couldn't resist any longer!

When I saw this dress I knew immediately that I had to have it. I love anything in a novelty print and the style was so 1950s and cute- pretty much everything I need in a dress. Plus, it was a ridiculously good price! 

Hello!


I also love this hat. I'm pretty sure it's from the same estate as this one and after I removed the ripped up netting, it turned out to be such a fun headband that adds a bit of sparkle!


Read on for more!






Details
Dress - Modcloth
Hat - Vintage via estate sale
Belt - Vintage via garage sale
All Jewelry - Vintage via various places
Tights - Nordstrom
Shoes - I don't remember

Now, on to some news! 

Savvy Spinster Vintage is now on Instagram! I am so late jumping on this bandwagon, but it took me forever to get over my technophobia and deep-seeded desire to avoid anything new. I'm still getting the hang of it, but I hope that it becomes the new spot to post sneak peeks for the shop. I'd also like to take everyone out on my garage sale journeys with me and I thought that would be a good place to do it!

And now that I've rediscovered Modcloth, I've been pondering joining the Style Gallery. I'm still hemming and hawing over this as it is way out of my usual comfort zone, but I love looking at all the wonderful outfits and it seems like a fun sort of community.

We'll see how long it actually takes for me to work up the courage to do it!

At this rate my best guess is 6 to 8 years.

Stay tuned! :-D

-Melissa

3 comments:

  1. I love the dress and how you styled it! The hat is just perfect.
    Congratulations on joining Instagram! I'm kind of the same way, not really wanting to try new things like that. So don't feel too bad :).
    xx Tessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! How marvelous that you're on Instagram. I adore that site and have started following you there (not surprisingly, I'm @chronicallyvintage :)). Second only to Pinterest as my favourite social media site, I rarely go more than a couple of days without visiting and can spend hours happily scrolling through snaps, so I'll definitely be keeping abreast with you on Instagram and really look forward to it.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is so gorgeous and fun! I love the print and stripe detailing too. And it fits you like a dream! Everything I have ever ordered from modcloth has been horribly ill-fitting. But this dress is perfection.

    ReplyDelete