Saturday, August 16, 2014

Apparently I Like Clothes

Nothing better than spending a hot, humid, rainy day staring at photos of pretty ladies in pretty sweaters and dreaming of cooler weather!

Source
More after the jump! (Picture heavy)

Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source


Autumnal and Winter-y vintage outfits have to be my favorites. Sundresses and shorts are wonderful, of course, but I just love a comfy, cozy, layered look- especially from the 30s, 40s, and 50s! So many lovely textures and rich colors!

I could look at vintage photos all day, examining the details of each outfit, "ooh"ing and "ahh"ing over every one and doing a lot of imaginary window shopping. What would this be called? 

"Archival Garment Analyzing"?

That has to be a class somewhere.

If so, sign me up!

And then go back in time and buy all these clothes for me! :-P

-Melissa

P.S. I am so ready for Fall.

P.S.S. Obviously.

4 comments:

  1. All of these outfit pictures are so perfect! I'm not looking forward to the end of summer, but only because it marks the end of a season. I'm definitely a more autumn/winter kind of girl, too.
    If I have to choose a favorite (or two, or five), I'd say that #s 1, 2, 3, 5, and 7. And if you ever find such a class, I'd be next on the list to join :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, have been obsessing over sweaters recently! While this summer has been nice, I'm definitely getting to the point where I'm ready for sweaters and heavier skirts and dresses. I just love the outfit in the second picture!

    Cheers,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been doing the same thing lately, too - blouses and sweaters, plus 40s style trousers, too. At the moment, that feels like what I could happily live in until next spring. :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these photos are stunning. I want to look like all of these ladies! I am always saying I wish I could go back in time to shop too! Why don't they make clothes like these anymore ?!

    ReplyDelete