Thursday, July 10, 2014

Red, White, and Too Late

I'm a little behind here. I wore this outfit the week of the 4th of July, but because I was viciously attacked by a sandwich, I was unable to take pictures of it. 

But I did like it, so I recreated it today. Who said you can only wear red, white, and blue on July 4th? 

Plus, I think I look a little like a nautical mime, but like, in a good way.










Details
Shirt - H&M
Jeans - Vintage via eBay
Shoes - H&M
Belt - Vintage via garage sale
Scarf - Vintage via garage sale
Brooches - Vintage via estate sale
Earrings and Oval Ring - Vintage via garage sale
Enamel Rings- Forever 21 from Forever Ago

I love these vintage jeans from the 1950s- and they were deadstock with the tags still attached! I wish they still made high-waisted jeans that weren't completely plastered to you.

I think the mosquitoes liked them too, because my legs were BIT. UP. I was only outside for a moment, but they got me. 

The skeeters and I are super tight, obviously. 

Or maybe they're just fans of mime.

-Melissa

2 comments:

  1. I love the patriotic/nautical themes! I often find myself pairing red, white, and blue together every now and then, too. You've accessorized this outfit perfectly.
    xx Tessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THOSE JEANS! I am always on the lookout for vintage jeans but they are SO HARD to find because people wore them until they were unwearable anymore. I never thought to search the internet for deadstock ones...that is a genius idea. They look so fantastically fun on you too-I am a bit jealous I must admit! :)

    ReplyDelete