Monday, May 5, 2014

Sorry Coco

When I was in high school I had to wear a uniform. Granted, it was a pretty lax uniform policy, but it still limited what clothing I could wear (if I never see another polo shirt again, it'll be too soon). 
So, I learned to accessorize the living daylights out of my outfits.
Didn't Coco Chanel say to remove one accessory before leaving the house?

Wrong.

I say put one more on!

Fashion is supposed to be fun, right? There's nothing more fun than a bunch of quirky accessories all piled on top of one another. I think if you coordinate them well and there's a specific color or theme tying them together, there's absolutely nothing wrong with wearing as many as you'd like.

So I paired together some of my favorites! My "Mario Mushroom" earrings, weird parrot necklace, fruit print socks, faux snake skin bangle, and my Airplane! pin. And making their second appearance: my vintage red oxfords, which I love to wear with fun socks!










Sweater - Kohls (curse you, Lauren Conrad and your adorable, moderately-priced clothes!)
Blouse - Forever 21
Pants - Kohls
Shoes - Vintage via a garage sale
Socks - Forever 21
Pin, Necklace, Bracelet, Ring - Vintage via sales

This isn't a super "vintage" outfit, but I tend to lean more "casual" when I want to go really wild with the accessories.

Speaking of leaning...yes, I had to steady myself on the fence for every picture.

I have the balance of a Weeble Wobble, except I will fall down.

-Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment