Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A Little 1940s


It's not often that I build an outfit around an accessory, but I've always really loved this hat. It's from the 1940s and covered with velvet flowers in pretty soft, muted spring colors. I've had it for years and it has served me well.


Read on for more!








Skirt - Vintage
Sweater - Vintage
Shoes - American Eagle (from many moons ago)
Hat - Vintage (oh boy, I forget...probably a garage sale)
Gloves - Vintage (via an estate sale)
All Jewelry - Vintage (via estate sales, garage sales)

Both this skirt and sweater are from the 1960s/1970s, I believe, but I thought they had a cute 40s flair and the colors went so nicely with the hat.

The gloves are new oldstock from a big collection of 1940s gloves I got from this wonderful lady. I also found a bunch of sweaters and coats at that sale too. Remind me to tell you the story of that house sometime!

The final little detail is this great vintage WWII era brooch.

I also had some fun with filters today! Trying to find some ways to boost my pictures a wee bit. 

Oh, and Savvy Spinster Vintage is on Bloglovin' now, in case anybody wants to follow! :-)

-Melissa







3 comments:

  1. Oooh, it's a very nicely coordinated ensemble! I like how the skirt pulls all the colours together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gasp! I seriously had a little conniption when I saw this outfit. Can I just reach through the screen and borrow every single thing? That hat is a stunning color and design, and I am in love with those gloves. They look so high quality and the wrist detail is astounding. And what a perfect skirt! I can't say enough good things, you are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great color palette! It's very autumnal but it still feels very fresh. That hat and the brooch are so cool, too! I also love this outfit because it shows how you can take items from one decade and dress them up to fit another decade. That's one of my favorite things about vintage shopping, and you absolutely nailed it here!

    Cheers,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete