Sunday, March 23, 2014

Estate Sale Weekend #1


I'm hoping to start a new series on this here blog that will cover my weekly estate sale/garage sale acquisitions. I say "hoping" because sometimes the weekend brings me nothing but a coffee hangover and an achy back, but I think it might be fun to discuss some of the goodies I find each week if I do happen to find some.

This is post number one of the series, so here we go!


Read on for details! 

Friday was pretty good this weekend (Saturday was, um, not.) I found a fantastic 1940s wooden framed fabric clutch, black crocheted clutch, and 60s beaded handbag with an ornate handle.


At the same sale where I got the purses some great jewelry was to be found, including a beautiful art deco white gold ladies watch, a 14k cameo brooch, and monogrammed gold watch brooch. All of which are going to my mother, sadly (well, not sad for her).


The items that are not going to my mother, but are eventually going to creep into the shop, are a lovely Siam silver fan bracelet, another Siam-style enamel bracelet, a wooden bear pin, a marcasite frog ring, a Native American style sterling ring, and a sterling charm bracelet (isn't the little traffic light so cute?)




My mother also found some great mid-century pottery and an awesome collection of vintage matchbooks which I will hopefully be able to show in a post soon. So, a pretty great weekend! 

That probably means next weekend will be awful! Stay tuned! :-D

-Melissa

6 comments:

  1. Wow, absolutely gorgeous! I'm especially enamored with those gorgeous bags. I wish we had estate sales around where I live...I've never been to one before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very interesting- I would have thought they have them everywhere! I usually have to drive a little bit of a distance to go, though, so I guess they aren't super common. They're quite an adventure sometimes. You never know what you might find! It's really the luck of the draw. If you ever spot one, it could definitely be worth checking out! :-)
      -Melissa

      Delete
  2. Amazing! I love the cameo and the watch brooch--those are just beautiful!

    Also, I nominated you for the Liebster Award! You can learn more about it here: http://singingbirdvintage.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-leibster-award.html If you've done it before or you're not interested, please feel free to decline. No hard feelings! :)

    Cheers,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved those pieces as well- I'm not all that surprised my mother swept them away from me! Ha!
      And thanks so much for the nomination, Jenny! I really appreciate it! :-)
      -Melissa

      Delete
  3. Yeee what scores! Love the top right bag!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that one, too! I'm also especially partial to the fab wooden frame clutch myself!
      -Melissa

      Delete